Thursday, August 7, 2008

Porkslap Pale Ale

As part of the 2008 Boston Beer Tour I picked up Porkslap Pale Ale. Dale's Pale Ale has proven that good beer can come in a can, so I took a flier on the Porkslap. With fliers, sometimes you come up empty. It wasn't until I sat down to drink it that I noticed the label said "All Malt." In the store, I was so taken with the jumping pigs that I overlooked this important tidbit.  Judging from the taste, there were no hops whatsoever in Porkslap. I would bet MD 20/20 has more hops. Hopless, Porkslap is like a girl with a nice body but a horrendous, ugly face. It left me longing for more and wondering what could have been. It's technically not even a Pale Ale, Malt Beverage would be more accurate. This beer is all gimmick. Don't be fooled by those cut little piggies on the can, Porkslap Pale Ale is terrible.   

1 comment:

The Beer Buddha said...

That's an interesting brew. It says "Pale Ale" and then says "Farmhouse Ale". Which one is it? Note: Well after looking at all their beers every can states Farmhouse Ale so I guess they mean Ale brewed on a farm. Whatever.