Thursday, July 17, 2008

Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat


Most breweries come out with a summer beer brewed with a portion of wheat for a lighter, more refreshing beer suited to hot days. Fuck that. Where are my barley wines at in the summer? Most of these summer wheat beers are pretty awful. If I wanted wheat in my beer I could save some poppy by buying Bud, and get some rice in there too boot. Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is an exception to the bad wheat beer rule. I can't pronounce the name, but it's perfect for a hot day by the pool (unless you've gotten a bunch of pool water in your mouth beforehand). It's light, crisp, sweet and refreshing. I get a sugary lemon lime fusion in the aroma and flavor. Everyone else tastes Fruity Pebbles. And that's cool because Lebron likes Fruity Pebbles too. Check out his Fruity Pebbles kicks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swear to you that I taste Fruity Pebbles!!

The Beerbuddha