Monday, July 21, 2008

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Rouge's Hazelnut Brown Nectar is Frangelico in beer form. Frangelico is the amazing hazelnut liqueur with a bottle shaped like a woman, kind of like a bottle of Aunt Jemima. However, I was taken aback when I read Frangelico's label the other day. It turns out that the figure I so admired in a liqueur bottle is a monk's body. Not a nun's body, not even a woman's body. All I can say is the monk's robe looks like a matronly dress, and Frangelico is a girl's name. Apparently, I've been duped by a lady man once again.


Rouge's Hazelnut Brown Nectar comes with no such trickery. The bottle is not shapely, nor is the pictured man wearing a dress. It's still a very appealing beer. The best way to describe it is Frangelico dressed up like a beer.

No comments: