Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Boomshakalaka


I'm drinking Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout as I write....and I can barely concentrate on typing. I wouldn't say that the World Wide Stout has completely blown my mind, but I almost don't know what to say about it. The beer is black as night. There is barely any head, but what head there is looks like caramel.

Dfizzle suggests that you drink it for dessert, but I'm enjoying it as an appetizer. It boasts 18% abv, and just several sips in I can tell that I will feel it later but you can't taste the alcohol. The aroma is strong and the flavors are extremely deep and complex. Crazy barley action going on here. I can taste coffee flavor...and I LIKE IT.

This beer is consistently rated highly, and now I know why. If you have the opportunity to try this beer, take advantage.

No comments: